Information is delineate because the structured, organized and processed data, conferred inside context, that makes it relevant and helpful to the one who desires it. Data suggests that raw facts and figures regarding individuals, places, or the other issue, that is expressed within the type of numbers, letters or symbols.
Information is that the knowledge that is remodeled and classified into an intelligible type, which may be utilized in the method of deciding. In short, once knowledge end up to be purposeful when conversion, it’s referred to as info. it’s one thing that informs, in essence, it provides a solution to a specific question. It may be obtained from numerous sources like newspaper, internet, television, people, books etc.
Knowledge refers to the familiarity and awareness of a person, place, events, thoughts, issues, things or anything that is gathered through learning, knowing or discovering. it’s the state of knowing one thing with cognizance through the understanding of ideas, study and skill.
Knowledge pointed at the assured theoretical or sensible understanding of associate entity together with the potential of exploitation it for a selected purpose. Combination of information, expertise and intuition ends up in knowledge that has the potential to draw inferences and develop insights, supported our expertise and so it will assist in higher cognitive process and taking actions.
Difference between Information and Knowledge:
|1.||Information offers rises to the concept of facts and data.||In contrast to, knowledge that inflicting the understanding of the matter or subject.|
|2.||Information is a combination of context and data.||While it is a combination of experience, perception and information.|
|3.||Not all information is knowledge.||Whereas all knowledge is information.|
|4.||Information can be reflected.||While it can not be reflected or replicated.|
|5.||Information alone isn’t enough to form expectations.||The expectation is feasible if one retains the desired information.|
|6.||The transfer of information is simple or straightforward over numerous ways like newspaper, internet, television, people etc.||While the transfer of knowledge is hard in comparison of information as it requires learning.|
|7.||Information brings understanding of facts and figures.||Whereas knowledge point to the understanding of the subject.|
- Difference between Procedural and Declarative Knowledge
- Difference between Information and Data
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Difference between Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Difference between EIS and Traditional Information System
- Geographical information system (GIS) and its Components
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
- Characteristics of data in geographical information system (GIS)
- Web Information Retrieval | Vector Space Model
- Constraints in geographical information system (GIS)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Management Information System (MIS) Models
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.