Information is delineate because the structured, organized and processed data, conferred inside context, that makes it relevant and helpful to the one who desires it. Data suggests that raw facts and figures regarding individuals, places, or the other issue, that is expressed within the type of numbers, letters or symbols.
Information is that the knowledge that is remodeled and classified into an intelligible type, which may be utilized in the method of deciding. In short, once knowledge end up to be purposeful when conversion, it’s referred to as info. it’s one thing that informs, in essence, it provides a solution to a specific question. It may be obtained from numerous sources like newspaper, internet, television, people, books etc.
Data is a raw and unorganized fact that required to be processed to make it meaningful. It can be consider as a facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
Data are individual units of information. In analytical processes, data are represented by variables.Data is always interpreted, by a human or machine, to derive meaning. So, data is meaningless. Data contains numbers, statements, and characters in a raw form.
Difference between Information and Data:
|1||Data are the variables which helps to develop ideas/conclusions.||Informations are the meaningful of data.|
|2||Data are text and numerical values.||Information is refined form of actual data.|
|3||Data doesn’t rely on Information.||While Information relies on Data.|
|4||Bits and Bytes are the measuring unit of data.||Information is measured in meaningful units like time, quantity, etc.|
|5||Data can be easily structured as the following:
|Information can also be structured as the following:
|6||Data does not have any specific purpose||Information carries a meaning that has been assigned by interpreting data.|
|7||It is low-level knowledge.||It is the second level of knowledge.|
|8||Data does not directly helps in decision making.||Information directly helps in decision making.|
- Characteristics of data in geographical information system (GIS)
- Difference between Information and Knowledge
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Security
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Difference between Data Scientist and Data Engineer
- Difference Between Data Visualization and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378