1. InfluxDB :
It is a time series database and is known for its high availability and storage. It was developed by InfluxData in 2013. It is a open source licensed software and is widely used in retrieval of time series data. It is used in real time analytics and monitoring of data. It does partitioning by sharding. InfluxDB is implemented in Go language. InfluxDB is easy to use and has high scalability.
2. Amazon Redshift :
It is a data warehouse which is based on cloud. Amazon Redshift has a commercial license and is a part of Amazon web services. It handles large scale of data and is known for its scalability. It does parallel processing of multiple data. It uses the ACID properties as its working principle and is very popular. It is implemented in C language and has high availability.
Difference between InfluxDB and Amazon Redshift :
|1.||InfluxDB is a Time series database model.||Amazon Redshift is a relational database model.|
|2.||InfluxDB was developed by InfluxData in 2013.||Amazon Redshift was developed by Amazon in 2012.|
|3.||It is not a cloud based Database.||It is a cloud based Database.|
|4.||It has a open source license.||It is a commercial software.|
|5.||It is implemented in Go language.||It is implemented in C language.|
|6.||It is used for retrieval of time series data.||It is used to provide data warehouse services.|
|7.||It supports operating systems like Linux and OS X.||It supports hosted operating systems.|
|8.||In terms of ranking it is considered lower than Amazon redshift.||It is considered better than InfluxDB in terms of ranking.|
|9.||It doesn’t have user defined functions.||It has user defined functions.|
|10.||It doesn’t have ACID as its working principle.||It has ACID as its working principle.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between InfluxDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between InfluxDB and Microsoft Access
- Difference between Amazon Redshift and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon Neptune and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon CloudSearch and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon DocumentDB and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon Aurora and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon Redshift and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between MongoDB and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between AllegroGraph and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Altibase and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud TSDB and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Amazon Redshift
- Difference Between Apache Hadoop and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Amazon S3
- Difference between Amazon CloudSearch and Amazon SimpleDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.