Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP):
Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is the routing protocol. It is also a distance vector routing protocol. In this, Bellman ford algorithm is used. The least hop count in IGRP is 255.
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP):
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is routing protocol like Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. It is the link state routing protocol as well as vector routing protocol.
The main difference between the IGRP and EIGRP is that, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is Classful routing technique, while Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is a classless routing technique.
Difference between IGRP and EIGRP:
|1.||IGRP stands for Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.||EIGRP stands for Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.|
|2.||Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is Classful routing technique.||While Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is a classless routing technique.|
|3.||IGRP is a slow convergence.||While it is a fast convergence.|
|4.||In IGRP, Bellman ford algorithm is used.||While in this, Dual algorithm is used.|
|5.||IGRP needs more or high bandwidth.||While EIGRP needs low or less bandwidth.|
|6.||The least hop count in IGRP is 255.||While the least hop count in EIGRP is 256.|
|7.||It provides 24 bits for delay.||While it provides 32 bits for delay.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between RIP and IGRP
- Difference between OSPF and IGRP
- Difference between IGRP and BGP
- Difference between EIGRP and OSPF
- Difference between RIP and EIGRP
- Difference between EIGRP and BGP
- EIGRP Cost Calculation
- Features of Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- EIGRP fundamentals
- EIGRP Configuration
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.