1. iCloud :
iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service provided by Apple Incorporation. It allows users to store data such as documents, photos and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS or Windows devices. It also enables to share and send data to other users. It is also helpful to manage the Apple devices if it is lost or stolen. It was launched in 2011.
2. Zetta :
Zetta is a file synchronization service and cloud based backup storage service which is provided by Zetta Incorporation. It was developed by Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli and Jason Harrison. It is majorly used in small and medium sized businesses and enterprises. It does not provide freeware version. It is majorly used for storing professional data and not personal data. It was launched in 2008.
Difference between iCloud and Zetta :
|It is owned by Apple Incorporation.||It is owned by Zetta Incorporation.|
|It was launched in 2011.||It was launched in 2008.|
|It offers 5 GB free storage space.||It does not offer freeware service.|
|It was developed by Apple.||It was developed by Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli and Jason Harrison.|
|It is a file hosting service.||It is a file synchronization service.|
|It provides cloud storage service.||It provides cloud based backup service.|
|It is used by individuals, small and larger enterprises.||It is used by small and medium sized enterprises.|
|It provides storage service for personal data.||It does not provide service for personal data and is used for professional work only.|
|It partly supports file versioning.||It does not support file versioning.|
|It does not provide LAN synchronization.||It provides LAN synchronization.|
|It is mainly designed for macOS and iOS.||It is supported by Windows, OS X and Linux.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Zetta
- Difference between Box and Zetta
- Difference between Yandex Disk and Zetta
- Difference between Zetta and ZumoDrive
- Difference between BorgBase and Zetta
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Zetta
- Difference between Amazon S3 and Zetta
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Zetta
- Difference between CloudMe and Zetta
- Difference between Tencent Weiyun and Zetta
- Difference between SugarSync and Zetta
- Difference between SecureSafe and Zetta
- Difference between OneDrive and Zetta
- Difference between Dropbox and Zetta
- Difference between Google Drive and Zetta
- Difference between Zetta and Ubuntu One
- Difference between Zetta and pCloud
- Difference between Zetta and RapidShare
- Difference between Zetta and ShareFile
- Difference between Wuala and Zetta
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.