1. IBM DB2 :
IBM DB2 is a relational database which was developed by IBM in 1983. It is considered as a family of database management products which are build for AI. It has enhanced capabilities for performing transactions. It works on the principle of ACID and has high flexibility and performance. It has efficient backup facilities and is considered very secure. It is extremely reliable and is supported by Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems. It has a commercial license and has high scalability.
2. MongoDB :
MongoDB is a document oriented Database model which is a open source software. It was developed by MongoDB Inc. in 2009.It is implemented in C++ language. MongoDB uses the documents like JSON. It can be used as a standalone program and provides backup facility. It has a high ranking and is very popular among databases. It also consists of user defined java script functions. In MongoDB the scaling is done horizontally by the use of sharding.
Difference between IBM DB2 and MongoDB :
|1.||IBM DB2 is a relational database model.||MongoDB is a document oriented database model.|
|2.||Pessimistic Locking model is there in IBM DB2.||Optimistic Locking model is there in MongoDB.|
|3.||It has more efficient backup functionality as compared to Maria DB.||It has comparatively less efficient backup functionality.|
|4.||It was developed by IBM in 1983.||It was developed by MongoDB Inc. in 2009.|
|5.||It is a commercial software.||It is a open source software.|
|6.||It involves in place updates.||It doesn’t involve in place updates.|
|7.||It uses triggers for insert, update and delete events.||It doesn’t use triggers for insert, update and delete events.|
|8.||It is implemented in C and C++ languages.||It is implemented in C++ language.|
|9.||It cant be used in standalone program.||It can be used in standalone program.|
|10.||It is considered less than MongoDB in terms of ranking.||It is considered better than IBM DB2 in terms of ranking.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Cassandra and IBM Db2
- Difference between CouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MySQL and IBM Db2
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Maria DB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.