Difference between HTML and WML
Advantages of HTML :
- HTML is easy to use and understand.
- All browsers supports HTML.
- It can integrate with other languages.
- It is free and user friendly.
2. Wireless Markup Language (WML) : Wireless Markup Language (WML) which is based on XML refers to first markup language intended for devices that implement the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) specification means is applied for wireless devices i.e. cellular phones, PDAs. It was formerly called Handheld Devices Markup Language (HDML). It is very limited with the things that it can do, even it has less number tags as compared to HTML.
Advantages of WML :
- WML is very easy to use also easy to understand.
- Requires less bandwidth for transmission of WML documents.
- Displaying WML documents requires less processing power.
- It supports limited graphics with limited gray scale.
Difference between HTML and WML :
|01.||HTML refers to Hyper Text Markup Language.||WML refers to Wireless Markup Language.|
|02.||HTML is the markup language for wired communication.||WML is the markup language for wireless communication.|
|03.||It does not use variable.||It makes use of variables.|
|04.||HTML is applied for desktop computers.||WML is applied for wireless devices i.e. cellular phones, PDAs.|
|05.||Content is integrated with presentation.||Content separates from presentation.|
|07.||In HTML images are stored as GIF, JPEG or PNG.||In WML images are stored in WBMP.|
|08.||It is not case sensitive.||It is case sensitive.|
|09.||Set of HTML pages makes a site.||Set of WML cards makes a Deck.|
|10.||It has more tags as compared to WML.||It has fewer tags as compared to HTML.|
|11.||For transmission of HTML documents requires more bandwidth as compared to WML.||For transmission of WML documents requires less bandwidth as compared to HTML.|
|12.||Displaying HTML documents requires more processing power than WML.||Displaying WML documents requires less processing power than HTML.|