HDFS: Hadoop Distributed File System is a distributed file system designed to store and run on multiple machines that are connected to each other as nodes and provide data reliability. It consists of clusters, each of which is accessed through a single NameNode software tool installed on a separate machine to monitor and manage the that cluster’s file system and user access mechanism.
HBase: HBase is a top-level Apache project written in java which fulfills the need to read and write data in real-time. It provides a simple interface to the distributed data. It can be accessed by Apache Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce, and store information in HDFS.
Below is a table of differences between HDFS and HBase:
|HDFS is a java based file distribution system||Hbase is hadoop database that runs on top of HDFS|
|HDFS is highly fault-tolerant and cost-effective||HBase is partially tolerant and highly consistent|
|HDFS Provides only sequential read/write operation||Random access is possible due to hash table|
|HDFS is based on write once read many times||HBase supports random read and writeoperation into filesystem|
|HDFS has a rigid architecture||HBase support dynamic changes|
|HDFS is prefereable for offline batch processing||HBase is preferable for real time processing|
|HDFS provides high latency for access operations.||HBase provides low latency access to small amount of data|
- Difference Between Hadoop and HBase
- HDFS Commands
- Anatomy of File Read and Write in HDFS
- Introduction to Hadoop Distributed File System(HDFS)
- Architecture of HBase
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- What is the difference between MEAN.js and MEAN.io?
- Difference between “!==” and “==!” in PHP
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- What is the difference between (NaN != NaN) & (NaN !== NaN)?
- Difference between 2NF and 3NF in DBMS
- Difference between Where and Having Clause in SQL
- Difference between 1NF and 2NF in DBMS
- What is the difference between the | and || or operator in php?
- Difference between Where and Group By
- What is the difference between CSS and SCSS ?
- Difference between "." and "#" selector in CSS
- Difference between VGA and SVGA
- Difference between Python and C++
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.