1. Hardware :
Hardware is the computer’s part that is seen and touched by us. These are the physical parts of the computer. Which make up the body of our computer. like; Keyboard, mouse, cabinet, monitor, printer etc. is all hardware.
2. Firmware :
Firmware is a type of software that is associated with your hardware, Firmware is a software installed at the time of manufacturing any hardware, including hardware such as keyboards, hard drives, BIOS, graphic cards and printers or moreover It comes embedded in any of your home appliances such as TVs, washing machines etc. The firmware contains instruction programs to perform basic functions of any hardware.
Difference between Hardware and Firmware :
|1.||Hardware is a physical entity.||While firmware is a set of instructions.|
|2.||Hardware is referenced as the body of instruments or devices.||While firmware is referenced as the heart of instruments or devices.|
|3.||Programs are required to run the hardware.||While it is the program itself.|
|4.||Hardware can not function without a firmware.||While it operates on hardware.|
|5.||The hardware can go through physical damage.||While it can’t.|
|6.||A hardware may require reprogramming.||While it never requires reprogramming except in some cases.|
|7.||The user can easily modify the hardware.||While here, the user cannot easily modify.|
|8.||The example of hardware are: Remote, Keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.||While the example of firmware are: BIOS, EPROM chips, etc.|
|9.||Hardware is a complete tool or device.||While the firmware is saved in hardware.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- UEFI(Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) and how is it different from BIOS
- Difference between Hardware and Software
- Difference between Hardware Interrupt and Software Interrupt
- Difference between Hardware Description Language and Software Language
- Difference between Computer Hardware Engineer and Computer Software Engineer
- Hardware Based Virtualization
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.