H.323 is that the phonephone based mostly system. And its design is monolithic design. The extent or quantifiability of H.323 is restricted and it’s very little versatile. H.323 doesn’t give the power of instant electronic messaging.
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP):
SIP is the session layer protocol. Its design is standard design. Sip is healthier ascendible than H.323 and it’s a lot of versatile than H.323 also. Sip provides the ability of instant electronic messaging.
Let’s see that the difference between H.323 and SIP:
|1.||H.323 is monolithic architecture.||SIP is modular architecture.|
|2.||The scalability of H.323 is limited.||SIP is better scalable.|
|3.||H.323 is a little bit flexible.||It is more flexible.|
|4.||H.323 does not provide the facility of instant messaging.||SIP provides the facility of instant messaging.|
|5.||H.323 is absolute complex in terms of complexity.||It is moderate complex in terms of complexity.|
|6.||The message format of H.323 is in binary form.||While the message format of sip is in ASCII format.|
|7.||It is not compatible with internet.||While it is compatible with internet.|
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between 1G and 2G
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference Between BFS and DFS
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between C and C++
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.