H.323 is a standard for real-time audio and video conferencing over the Internet. H.323 also specifies how end system are attached to Internet by circuit switched telephone network.
Session Initiator protocol describes establishment, management and termination of multimedia session. Multimedia sessions can be Internet telephone call video conferencing.
Difference between of H.323 and SIP :
|It is compatible with PSTN.||It is not compatible with PSTN.|
|H.323 is not internet compatible.||SIP is internet compatible.|
|It follows monolithic architecture.||It follows modular architecture.|
|It uses Binary message format.||It uses ASCII message format.|
|For Addressing purpose it uses Host or Telephone numbers.||For Addressing it uses URL.|
|It does not support instant messaging.||It supports instant messaging.|
|Large and complex Implementation.||Moderate Implementation.|
|Designed by ITU.||Designed by IETF.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Blu-ray and HD DVD
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between DVD-R and DVD-RW
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference between AIX and HP-UX
- Difference between DTE and DCE
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between ADO and ADO.NET
- Difference between ELT and ETL
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference Between DAS and SAN
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.