GPS stands for Global Positioning System. whereas DGPS stands for Differential Global Positioning System. Both used for the satellite-based navigation systems.
The fundamental distinction between GPS and DGPS is that, Gps’s instruments range is global. on the other hand, DGPS’s instruments range is local.
Difference between GPS and DGPS:
|1.||GPS stands for Global Positioning System.||DGPS stands for Differential Global Positioning System.|
|2.||In GPS, frequency varies from 1.1 GHz to 1.5 GHz.||While in DGPS, frequency varies as per agency requirements.|
|3.||GPS uses WGS84, that is used for time coordinate system.||While in DGPS, local coordinate system is used.|
|4.||The cost of GPS is lower than DGPS.||While the cost of DGPS is costlier than GPS.|
|5.||GPS’s instruments range is global.||While DGPS’s instruments range is local.|
|6.||In GPS, only one receiver is taken place.||While in DGPS, two receivers are taken place.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between GPRS and DGPS
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between DTE and DCE
- Difference between SDN and NFV
- Difference between ADO and ADO.NET
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference between ELT and ETL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378