1. Google Voice :
Google Voice is a telephone service that provides the call forwarding services and voicemail services. It allows users to have a single number and forward it to multiple phones. It was launched by Google in 2009. It is available for web, android and iOS systems. It enables to retain the phone number despite changing the phone device. It uses the contacts across the gmail of the user. It provides many services such as voicemail, free text messaging, call history, call screening, blocking of unwanted calls and voice transcription to text of voicemail messages.
2. Google Duo :
Google Duo is a video calling mobile application which is available for Android and iOS operating systems. It can also be used through Chrome web browser on personal computers. It enables users for high quality video calling service. It is developed in such a way that it works properly even id user is having slow internet service. There is end-to-end encryption that enables the high security. It also enables group video calling. Earlier it had group size of 8 but later it was extended to 12. It was launched by Google LLC. It was launched in 2016.
Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo :
|GOOGLE VOICE||GOOGLE DUO|
|It is a telephone service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services.||It is a video chat application that provides video calling services.|
|It was launched in 2009.||It was launched in 2016.|
|It offers messaging and voice calls.||It offers messaging, voice calls and video calls.|
|It offers text messaging.||It recently added service for recorded messaging but does not offer text messaging.|
|It is mainly used for making voice calls.||It is mainly used for making video calls.|
|It does not require to have gmail signing.||It requires to have gmail signing.|
|It provides services like call forwarding and voicemail.||It does not provide such services.|
|It has less number of users.||It has comparatively more number of users.|
|It does not provide services for group creation.||It provides services for group creation.|
|Only 2 people can be involved in calls.||Up to 12 people can be involved in calls.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Difference between Dual Core processors and Core 2 DUO processors
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and Dingtone
- Difference between Google Voice and JustCall
- Difference between Google Voice and Skype
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Vishing (Voice Phishing)
- Voice Biometric Technique in Network Security
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
- Difference between Google Drive and pCloud
- Difference between Google Drive and HCL Connections
- Difference between Google Fi and Ting
- Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Piwik
- Difference between Google ads and Facebook ads
- Difference between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon Drive
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.