1. Google Hangouts :
Google Hangouts is a communication application which is provided by Google. It allows users to send and receive messages, photos etc. It also offers free video calls between individuals or within a group. It was originally a feature of Google+ but Google integrated the features of Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts. It was launched by Google in 2013. It enables users to connect with friends and family and start a conversation. This application can be accessed online through Gmail.
2. Skype :
Skype is a telecommunication application that provides video calls and voice calls between mobile phones. computers and other devices. It requires internet facility for providing any of its services. It is also used for messaging that can contain text, image, audio or video. It allows to connect several people at a time in video conferencing calls. It was launched by Skype Technologies in 2003. It is currently owned by Microsoft Incorporation. It is one of the most used applications for video chatting.
Difference between Google Hangouts and Skype :
|It is a communication application that is used to send and receive messages, photos etc.||It is a telecommunication services that provides video calls and voice calls.|
|It is owned by Google LLC.||It is owned by Microsoft Incorporation.|
|It was launched in 2013.||It was launched in 2003.|
|It was developed by Google.||It was developed by Skype Technologies.|
|It offers messaging, voice calls and video calls.||It offers video calls, voice calls and instant messaging.|
|It is majorly used for text messaging and photo sharing.||It is majorly used for video calls.|
|It does not allow users the blocking of unwanted calls.||It allows users the blocking of unwanted calls.|
|It is used for professional chat.||It is used for personal and professional chat both.|
|It requires Gmail signing.||It requires Microsoft account signing.|
|It is the original feature of Google+.||It is not the original feature of Microsoft.|
|It does not provide conference calls.||It provides conference calls during video calling.|
|It is integration of Google+ Messenger and Google Talks.||It is not integration of two or more applications.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Difference between Google Voice and Skype
- Difference between Microsoft Teams and Skype
- Difference between Skype and Facebook Messenger
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
- Difference between Google Drive and pCloud
- Difference between Google Drive and HCL Connections
- Difference between Google Fi and Ting
- Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Piwik
- Difference between Google ads and Facebook ads
- Difference between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and iCloud
- Difference between Dropbox and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon S3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.