Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
1. Google Hangouts :
Google Hangouts is a communication application which is provided by Google. It allows users to send and receive messages, photos etc. It also offers free video calls between individuals or within a group. It was originally a feature of Google+ but Google integrated the features of Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts. It was launched by Google in 2013. It enables users to connect with friends and family and start a conversation. This application can be accessed online through Gmail.
Here are some key features of Google Hangouts:
- Messaging: Google Hangouts allows users to send and receive text messages, images, and videos.
- Voice and video calls: Users can make voice and video calls to other users, either one-on-one or in groups.
- Screen sharing: Hangouts allows users to share their computer screens with others in the call, which can be useful for presentations or demonstrations.
- Integration with Google services: Hangouts can be used within Gmail, Google Calendar, and other Google services.
2. Google Duo :
Google Duo is a video calling mobile application which is available for Android and iOS operating systems. It can also be used through Chrome web browser on personal computers. It enables users for high quality video calling service. It is developed in such a way that it works properly even if user is having slow internet service. There is end-to-end encryption that enables the high security. It also enables group video calling. Earlier it had group size of 8 but later it was extended to 12. It was launched by Google LLC. It was launched in 2016.
Here are some key features of Google Duo:
- Video calls: Google Duo allows users to make one-on-one video calls to other users.
- High-quality video: The app is designed to provide high-quality video, even on slower internet connections.
- End-to-end encryption: Duo provides end-to-end encryption for video calls, which means that only the users on the call can see and hear the conversation.
- Cross-platform support: Duo can be used on both Android and iOS devices.
similarities between the two communication tools:
- Both are offered by Google: Both Hangouts and Duo are communication tools offered by Google.
- Both are free to use: Both Hangouts and Duo are free to use, although they may require a Google account to access.
- Both offer video calls: While Hangouts offers video calls in addition to other communication tools, Duo is focused specifically on high-quality video calls.
- Both are available on mobile devices: Both Hangouts and Duo can be used on mobile devices, making them convenient for on-the-go communication.
- Both offer easy-to-use interfaces: Both Hangouts and Duo offer intuitive interfaces that make them easy to use, even for those who are not particularly tech-savvy.
Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo :
|GOOGLE HANGOUTS||GOOGLE DUO|
|It is a communication application that is used to send and receive messages, photos etc.||It is a video chat application that provides video calling services.|
|It was launched in 2013.||It was launched in 2016.|
|It offers messaging, voice calls and video calls.||It offers voice calls and video calls.|
|It offers text messaging.||It recently added service for recorded messaging but does not offer text messaging.|
|It is mainly used for text messaging and photo sharing.||It is mainly used for making video calls.|
|It is original feature of Google+.||It is original feature of Google.|
|It does not allow users the blocking of unwanted calls.||It allows users the blocking of unwanted calls.|
|It has less number of users.||It has comparatively more number of users.|
|It does not provide full control of call making.||It gives full control of the call making through the phone devices.|
|Up to 25 people can be involved in a call.||Up to 32 people can be involved in calls.|
While both Google Hangouts and Google Duo are designed to help users communicate with others, they have different purposes and features. Hangouts is designed to be a comprehensive communication tool, while Duo is focused specifically on high-quality video calls. Hangouts offers group voice and video calls, screen sharing, and integration with Google services, while Duo provides end-to-end encryption for video calls and is a standalone app.
Please Login to comment...