1. Google Hangouts :
Google Hangouts is a communication application which is provided by Google. It allows users to send and receive messages, photos etc. It also offers free video calls between individuals or within a group. It was originally a feature of Google+ but Google integrated the features of Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts. It was launched by Google in 2013. It enables users to connect with friends and family and start a conversation. This application can be accessed online through Gmail.
2. Google Duo :
Google Duo is a video calling mobile application which is available for Android and iOS operating systems. It can also be used through Chrome web browser on personal computers. It enables users for high quality video calling service. It is developed in such a way that it works properly even id user is having slow internet service. There is end-to-end encryption that enables the high security. It also enables group video calling. Earlier it had group size of 8 but later it was extended to 12. It was launched by Google LLC. It was launched in 2016.
Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo :
|GOOGLE HANGOUTS||GOOGLE DUO|
|It is a communication application that is used to send and receive messages, photos etc.||It is a video chat application that provides video calling services.|
|It was launched in 2013.||It was launched in 2016.|
|It offers messaging, voice calls and video calls.||It offers voice calls and video calls.|
|It offers text messaging.||It recently added service for recorded messaging but does not offer text messaging.|
|It is mainly used for text messaging and photo sharing.||It is mainly used for making video calls.|
|It is original feature of Google+.||It is original feature of Google.|
|It does not allow users the blocking of unwanted calls.||It allows users the blocking of unwanted calls.|
|It has less number of users.||It has comparatively more number of users.|
|It does not provide full control of call making.||It gives full control of the call making through the phone devices.|
|Only 2 people can be involved in calls.||Up to 12 people can be involved in calls.|
|It is integration of Google+ Messenger and Google Talks.||It is not integration of two or more applications.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Skype
- Difference between Dual Core processors and Core 2 DUO processors
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
- Difference between Google Drive and pCloud
- Difference between Google Drive and HCL Connections
- Difference between Google Fi and Ting
- Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Piwik
- Difference between Google ads and Facebook ads
- Difference between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and iCloud
- Difference between Dropbox and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon S3
- Difference between Google Drive and Baidu Cloud
- Difference between Google Drive and Box
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.