1. Google Drive :
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service provided by the Google. It allows the users to store the files and personal data and to share the files. It offers 15 GB free storage space. It was launched by Google in 2012. It is used by almost each and every person which is somehow related to internet. Everyone uses this to store some professional and personal data.
2. RapidShare :
RapidShare was a file hosting service, cloud storage service and online backup service which was provided by RapidShare AG. It had the ability to handle a large number of users at the same time. It was available in various languages like English, French, German and Spanish. It was developed by Christian Schmid. It was initially named ezShare. It was one of the earliest cloud storage services. It was launched in 2002.
Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare :
|It is owned by Google LLC.||It was owned by RapidShare AG.|
|It was launched in 2012.||It was launched in 2002.|
|It was developed by Google.||It was developed by Christian Schmid.|
|It offers 15 GB free storage space and 30 TB maximum storage space for paid.||It offered limited storage space for both free and paid accounts.|
|It is a file hosting and cloud storage service.||It was a file hosting and online backup service.|
|Maximum file size is 5 TB here.||Maximum file size was 500 MB per file.|
|It has more number of users.||It had comparatively less number of users.|
|Files can be downloaded multiple times.||Files could be downloaded only 10 times in free account.|
|Links are not expired after inactivity of some days.||While here, links expired after inactivity of 60 days.|
|It is still in use.||This service was suspended in 2015.|
|It has no traffic or band-width limit.||It had variable traffic or band-width limit according to paid plans.|
|It provides more security of data.||It provided comparatively less security of data.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Amazon Drive and RapidShare
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon Drive
- Difference between Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Difference between Dropbox and RapidShare
- Difference between Wasabi and RapidShare
- Difference between HCL Connections and RapidShare
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and RapidShare
- Difference between BorgBase and RapidShare
- Difference between CloudMe and RapidShare
- Difference between Box and RapidShare
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and RapidShare
- Difference between Tresorit and RapidShare
- Difference between TitanFile and RapidShare
- Difference between Tencent Weiyun and RapidShare
- Difference between SugarSync and RapidShare
- Difference between RapidShare and pCloud
- Difference between iCloud and RapidShare
- Difference between Zetta and RapidShare
- Difference between Wuala and RapidShare
- Difference between Ubuntu One and RapidShare
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.