Google Cloud Platform: It is a suite of cloud computing services developed by Google and launched publicly in 2008. Google Cloud Platform provides IaaS, PaaS, and serverless computing environments. A comparatively new Google Cloud Platform has all the tools and services required by developers and professionals.
Amazon Web Services(AWS): It provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs. AWS platform was initially launched in 2002. However, AWS was officially re-launched in 2006 with three initial service offerings of Amazon S3 cloud storage, SQS, and EC2. AWS comprises more than 212 services including computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, developer tools, etc. In terms of services, AWS has an edge over its competitors, as the amount of services offered by AWS is way more than any of its contemporaries.
Below is a table of differences between Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services:
|Features||Google Cloud||Amazon Web Services|
|Computing Service||Google Compute Engine API (IaaS), App Engine (PaaS), Kubernetes Engine (Container), Cloud Functions (Serverless Functions)||Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (IaaS), Elastic Beanstalk(PaaS), Elastic Compute Cloud Container Service (Container), AWS Lambda (Serverless Functions)|
|Database Services||Google Cloud SQL (RDBMS), Google Cloud Datastore, Google Cloud Bigtable (NoSQL Key–Value), Google Cloud Datastore (NoSQL: Indexed)||Amazon Relational Database Service (RDBMS), Amazon DynamoDB (NoSQL Key–Value), Amazon SimpleDB (NoSQL Indexed)|
|Storage Services||Google Cloud Storage (Object Storage), Google Compute Engine Persistent Disks (Block Storage), ZFS/Avere (File Storage), Google Cloud Storage Nearline (Cold Storage)||Amazon Simple Storage Service (Object Storage), Amazon Elastic Block Store (Block Storage), Amazon Elastic File System (File Storage), Amazon Glacier (Cold Storage)|
|Management Services||Stackdriver Monitoring (Monitoring), Google Cloud Deployment Manager (Deployment)||Amazon CloudWatch (Monitoring), AWS CloudFormation (Deployment)|
|Network Services||Virtual Private Cloud, Google Cloud Load Balancing, Google Cloud Interconnect, Google Cloud DNS||Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Load Balancer, Direct Connect, Amazon Route 53|
|Customization of instances||Google Cloud Platform provides a wide range of customization for any Instance||AWS provides limited customization.|
|Pricing||Google charges per minute basis||Amazon charges per hour basis|
|Cost||Google free tiers have no time limit. GCP provides $300 worth credit that can be used across all services. Hence, GCP is comparatively cheaper.||Amazon free tiers have a maximum validity of 12 months and later charges as per usage. Hence, AWS is costlier.|
|Downtime||GCP had reported more downtime compared to AWS||AWS had reported lesser downtime compared to GCP which makes it a clear winner in this case|
|Big data support||Big data analysis tool is AI First||Big data analysis tool is AWS Lambda.|
|AI/ML Support||Cloud Machine Learning Engine, Dialogflow Enterprise Edition, Cloud Natural Language, Cloud Speech API, Cloud Translation API, Cloud Video Intelligence, Cloud Job Discovery||Tools offered by AWS for AI/ML are SageMaker, Comprehend, Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Machine Learning, Translate, Transcribe, DeepLens, Deep Learning AMIs, Apache MXNet, TensorFlow|
|Availability||GCP is available in 20 geographic regions and 61 zones worldwide||AWS is available at 21 geographic regions and 66 zones worldwide|
|Companies using||Spotify, HSBC, Home Depot, Snapchat, Philips, Coca Cola, Domino’s and many more||Netflix, Twitch, LinkedIn, Facebook, ESPN, Citrix, Expedia and many more|
- Difference between AWS Cloudwatch and AWS Cloudtrail
- Cloud Storage in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Difference Between Public Cloud and Private Cloud
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud Log Service
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud TSDB
- Difference between Google Drive and Baidu Cloud
- Difference between Security Group and Network ACL in AWS
- Difference between AWS and Heroku
- Comparisons between Azure Vs AWS
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
- Google Cloud Services
- What is GCP(Google Cloud Platform) Security?
- Google Cloud Database Services
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.