In 2020, Google and Microsoft are very well established and are known worldwide. Google and Microsoft, both are American multinational technology companies. They are known by all but what they actually do and are, may not be clear. Both companies have their own different products and services which may be developed by them or are acquired from other companies.
1. Microsoft :
Microsoft was developed before Google. It was founded in 1975. The founders of Microsoft are Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Initially they had developed an interpreter and simulator. They came to fame with the MS-DOS operating system that was launched in 1981. They have launched several famous products such as Microsoft Windows, MS-Office, MS-Servers, MS-Visual Studio, Windows live movie maker, Windows Media Center, Microsoft Edge, Skype, MSN, Windows Defender, Windows Mobile etc.
2. Google :
Google was founded in 1998, by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. This was made as part of their project while pursuing Ph. D. in Stanford University. They brought a new system called PageRank that ranked the pages according to the pages and their importance in a website and by analyzing sites that linked back to the site. This system made their Search Engine stand out from the others. Some of Google’s products are Google Search, Google Chrome, Google Alerts, Google Groups, Google Finance, Google News, Google Adwords, Youtube, Android etc.
Both these companies are leading in the Technology sector. The major Difference between them is that Google’s focus is more on Internet services and Microsoft focuses more on developing computer software and personal computers.
Difference between Google and Microsoft :
|1.||It is an American Multinational technology based company that focusses on Internet-based services and products.||It is an American multinational technology company that develops, and sells personal computers and computer based software, products and services.|
|2.||Founded in 1988.||Founded in 1975.|
|3.||Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin.||Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen.|
|4.||Headquartered in California.||Headquartered in Washington.|
|5.||It is a publicly traded company.||It is a publicly traded company.|
|6.||Mission: To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.||Mission: Empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more.|
|7.||Sectors: Internet, Computer software, telecommunications equipment.||Sectors: Computer Hardware and software, Computer electronics.|
|8.||Products: Google Search, Google Chrome, Google Alerts, Google Groups, Google Finance, Google News, Google Adwords, Youtube, Android etc.||Products: Microsoft Windows, MS-Office, MS-Servers, MS-Visual Studio, Windows live movie maker, Windows Media Center, Microsoft Edge, Skype, MSN, Windows Defender, Windows Mobile etc.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
- Difference between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- Difference between Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- [TopTalent.in] Exclusive Interview with Ravi Kiran from BITS, Pilani who got placed in Google, Microsoft and Facebook
- Why companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google focuses on Data Structures and Algorithms : Answered
- Difference between Google Drive and pCloud
- Difference between Google Drive and HCL Connections
- Difference between Google Fi and Ting
- Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Piwik
- Difference between Google ads and Facebook ads
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and iCloud
- Difference between Dropbox and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and Amazon S3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.