Google Analytics: It is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin.
Piwik: Matomo, formerly Piwik, is a free and open-source web analytics application developed by a team of international developers, that runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. It tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis.
Below is a table of differences between Google Analytics and Piwik:
|Hosting||Remotely hosted||Self hosted|
|Data Privacy||User can have data privacy concern due to remote hostig||Advance privacy features to protect user privacy|
|Custom reporting||Large number of reports that user can import created by other users||No such feature but user can download themes and plugins from market-place|
|Clear browser version||It provides clear browser version such as chrome family||No such feature|
|Results||It gives top pages, top sources, visit page views, top locations and visitors currently on the website||Information representation is largely unclear|
|Per-minute views||It offers per minute page views chart||No such feature available|
|Live users||It shows the visited user on website and users which are still on the website||It shows the visited user but it is not clear if visitor is still on the website or not|
|Date filter||It offers a custom easy to use date filter with lot of options||It offer time filter|
- Difference Between Business Analytics and Predictive Analytics
- Difference Between Customer Analytics and Web Analytics
- Difference Between Data Analytics and Predictive Analytics
- Difference Between Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- What is Google Analytics?
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Difference Between Business Intelligence and Data analytics
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Analytics
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Visualization and Data Analytics
- Difference between Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics
- Difference Between Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Difference between Big Data and Data Analytics
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Difference between google AdWords and google AdSense
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.