Golang is a procedural programming language. It was developed in 2007 by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson at Google but launched in 2009 as an open-source programming language. Programs are assembled by using packages, for efficient management of dependencies. This language also supports environment adopting patterns alike to dynamic languages.
Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It was initially designed by Guido van Rossum in 1991 and developed by Python Software Foundation. It was mainly developed for emphasis on code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code. Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
Python Vs Golang
|It is a high-level programming language based on object-oriented programming.||It is a procedural programming language based on concurrent programming.|
|Python support exceptions.||Go does not support exceptions. Instead of exception Go has error.|
|Python has class and objects.||Go does not support object-oriented programming. So, it does not have classes and objects.|
|It supports inheritance.||It does not support inheritance.|
|It does not support Goroutines and channel.||It supports Goroutines and channel.|
|It does not support interfaces.||It supports interfaces.|
|It is a dynamically typed language. So, it uses interpreter.||It is a statically typed language. So, it uses compiler.|
|It is less verbose than Go.||It is more verbose than Python.|
|It does not contain any in-built concurrency mechanism.||It fully supports concurrency.|
|It is good for data analysis and computing.||It is good for system programming.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Difference Between Machine Language and Assembly Language
- Difference Between Assembly Language And Machine Language
- Difference Between C Language and LISP Language
- Difference between Hardware Description Language and Software Language
- Differences Between MATLAB and R Programming Language
- Difference between Functional Programming and Object Oriented Programming
- Python - Fastest Growing Programming Language
- Why is Python the Best-Suited Programming Language for Machine Learning?
- Python program to find GSoC organisations that use a Particular Programming Language
- How to Create a Programming Language using Python?
- Tips and Tricks for Competitive Programmers | Set 2 (Language to be used for Competitive Programming)
- Difference between %d and %i format specifier in C language
- What is the difference between a language construct and a “built-in” function in PHP ?
- Difference between Procedural and Non-Procedural language
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Difference between Compiled and Interpreted Language
- Difference between Text Mining and Natural Language Processing
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- Difference between Java and C language
- Golang Tutorial - Learn Go Programming Language
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.