Globalization Testing is a type of software testing that is performed to ensure the system or software application can run in any cultural or local environment. In globalization, different aspects of the software application are tested to ensure that it supports every language and different attributes.
For example, Facebook.com supports many of the languages and it can be accessed by people of different countries. Hence it is a globalized product.
Localization Testing is a type of software testing that is performed to check system or software application for a specific geographical and cultural environment. Localized product only supports the specific kind of language and is usable only in specific region.
For example, QQ.com supports only the Chinese language and can be accessed only by people of few countries. Hence it is a localized product.
Difference between Globalization and Localization Testing:
|Globalization Testing||Localization Testing|
|It is performed to ensure the application can function independent of geographical area and culture.||It is performed to ensure the application functions well for a specific area and culture.|
|Globalization testing checks the application supports different languages.||Localization testing checks the application supports the specific language.|
|It tests the different currency formats, mobile number formats and address formats are supported by the application.||It testes the specific currency format, mobile number format and address format is working properly or not.|
|Globalization testing focuses on users as the generic user base.||Localization testing focuses on a small group of users in a given culture or locale.|
|During globalization testing, tester assumes that the application being tested is going to be used by all over the world.||During localization testing, tester assumes that the application being tested is going to be used by a specific group of users in a specific locality.|
|Globalization testing also does the formalized bug reporting.||Localization testing doesn’t support the bug reporting.|
|It takes relatively time to perform the globalization testing.||It takes less time to perform tests.|
- Software Testing | Globalization Testing
- Localization Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Testing vs Checking
- Difference between Performance and Stress Testing
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.