1. Feedback Control System :
Feedback control system is basically a control system where the output depends on the generated feedback signal. Feedback control system is responsible for processing the feedback signals which further act as an input to the system. Feedback control system consist of different components such as resistors, transistors and other electrical appliances which do the basic functioning. The feedback can further be divided into positive feedback and negative feedback.
2. Feed forward Control System :
Feed forward control system is a system which passes the signal to some external load. It rejects the disturbances before they affect the controlled variable. It controls the major disturbances and is many times used with the combination of a feedback system. Feed forward systems are sensitive to modelling errors. It does direct measurement of the disturbances in the system.
Difference between Feedback and Feed Forward Control Systems :
|S.NO.||Feedback Control System||Feed Forward Control System|
|1.||In feedback system output depends on the generated feedback signal.||In feed forward system the signal is passed to some external load.|
|2.||Measure of disturbances in the system is not needed by feedback system.||Measure of disturbances in the system is needed by feedback system.|
|3.||All the disturbances are detected in feedback system.||All the disturbances are not detected in feedback system.|
|4.||The loop in a feedback system is a closed loop.||The loop in a feedback system is a open loop.|
|5.||It focuses on the output of the system.||It focuses on the input of the system.||6.||The variables are adjusted on the basis of errors.||The variables are adjusted on the basis of knowledge.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Multilevel Queue (MLQ) and Multi Level Feedback Queue (MLFQ) CPU scheduling algorithms
- Difference between Flow Control and Congestion Control
- Difference between Numerical Control (NC) and Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Difference between Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System
- Difference between Flow Control and Error Control
- Difference between Backward and Forward chaining
- Difference between forward list and list in C++
- Difference between Operational Systems and Informational Systems
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Control Plane and Data Plane
- Differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Difference between Single User and Multi User Database Systems
- Difference between 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- Differences between Operational Database Systems and Data Warehouse
- Centralized vs Distributed Version Control: Which One Should We Choose?
- Comparison - Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Systems
- Introduction to Digital Systems
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.