Fedora OS, developed by Red Hat, is a Linux based open-source operating system. As it is Linux based, so it is freely available for use and is open source. It uses the DNF package manager and gnome environment along with anaconda installer. It supports 3 platforms, which are Workstation Fedora designed for Personal Computers, Fedora Server designed for servers, and Fedora Atomic designed for cloud computing.
Kali Linux is a Linux based open source Operating System which is freely available for use. It belongs to the Debian family of Linux. It was developed by “Offensive Security”. It was first released in March 2013 with the aim to be the replacement of the BackTrackOS. Kali comes packed with 100+ of penetration testing, security research, digital forensics, reverse engineering, and ethical hacking tools.
Difference between Fedora and Kali Linux
|1.||Developed by RedHat.||Developed by Offensive Security.|
|2.||Fedora was initially released in November 2003.||Kali Linux was initially released in March 2013.|
|3.||Fedora is used for daily use or on server or on a cloud.||Kali Linux is used by security researchers or ethical hackers for security purposes.|
|4.||The discussion forum for fedora is ask.fedoraproject.org.||The discussion forum for Kali Linux is forums.kali.org.|
|5.||Latest Fedora consists of the Gnome environment by default, though it allows you to change the same.||Latest Kali consists of the xfce environment by default, though it allows you to change the same.|
|6.||Fedora doesn’t comes packed with hacking and penetration testing tools.||Kali comes packed with hacking and penetration testing tools.|
|7.||Comes with a user friendly Interface.||Comes with a less user friendly Interface as compared to fedora.|
|8.||Fedora is a good option for beginners to Linux.||Kali Linux is a good option for those who are intermediate in Linux.|
- Difference Between Arch Linux and Kali Linux
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Kali Linux
- Difference Between OpenSUSE and Kali Linux
- Difference between Kali Linux and Parrot OS
- Introduction to Kali Linux
- Kali Linux - Aircrack-ng
- Kali Linux Tools
- Kali Linux - Hacking Wi-Fi
- Kali Linux - Forensics Tools
- Kali Linux - Crunch Utility
- Top 10 Kali Linux Tools For Hacking
- Kali Linux - File Management
- Kali Linux - Default Passwords
- Kali Linux - Terminal and Shell
- Kali Linux - Exploitation Tools
- What is Vulnerability Scanning in Kali Linux?
- Kali Linux - Information Gathering Tools
- How to Change Root Password in Kali Linux?
- Kali Linux - Command Line Essentials
- How to Change the username or userID in Kali Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.