1. Fastag :
Fastag is a quick and easy way of payment of the toll taxes in India. It has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and is used by the National Highway Authority of India. The vehicles have a printed tag either on the glass of their cars, buses, trucks or taxis or on the hood of their motorcycles. This printed tag is then scanned and payment is made by the driver’s preferred and selected payment Bank.
Fastag option on Paytm application
2. QR code :
QR codes are a type of two dimensional bar codes. QR codes were developed in the year 1994 in Japan. These codes can be used as identification cards, for sharing contacts, photos, videos and other files.
QR Code that scans to www.geeksforgeeks.org
Difference between Fastag and QR Code :
|S. No.||Fastag||QR code|
|1.||It was developed in 2014.||It was developed in 1994.|
|2.||It was developed by National Payments Corporation of India.||It was developed by Masahiro Hara.|
|3.||It is only of 1 type.||It is only of 1 type.|
|4.||It is a method of collection of toll taxes, using the RFID technology.||It is a type of 2D barcode or printed representation of data that can be scanned for data retrieval.|
|5.||It is used by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for collection of toll taxes.||It is used in supermarkets, hospitals, cinema or by individuals etc. for transfer of data (sharing contacts, photos, videos and other documents).|
|6.||It is based on RFID technology.||It is based on Morse Code technology.|
|7.||It does not require line of sight.||It requires line of sight.|
|8.||It has greater data storage as compared to barcodes.||It has more data storage than the barcodes.|
|9.||Several Fastags can be examined at once.||Only one QR code is examined at once.|
|10.||Both Reading and writing can be done using Fastag.||Only Reading is done using Barcode.|
|11.||It is faster than barcode.||It is slower in processing as compared to Fastag.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Fastag, Bar Code, QR Code and NFC
- Difference between Fastag, QR Code and NFC
- Difference between Fastag, Bar Code and NFC
- Difference between Fastag and NFC
- Difference between Fastag and Barcode
- Difference between QR Code, Bar Code and NFC
- Difference between Source Code and Object Code
- Difference Between Source Code and Byte Code
- Difference between Byte Code and Machine Code
- Difference between Managed and Unmanaged code in .NET
- Difference between QR Code and NFC
- Difference between Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) and Delta Modulation (DM)
- Difference between Delta Modulation (DM) and Differential Pulse Code Modulation (DPCM)
- Difference between Barcode and QR Code
- Code valid in both C and C++ but produce different output
- Hamming Code in Computer Network
- Java | CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access)
- How message authentication code works?
- Hamming code Implementation in Java
- What is HMAC(Hash based Message Authentication Code)?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.