Ethernet are several types:
- Fast Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Switch Ethernet
Fast Ethernet is the Successor of 10-Base-T Ethernet. It is more popular than Gigabit Ethernet because its congiguration and implementation is simple. It is faster than its successors. Its variants are:
The coverage limit of Fast Ethernet is up to 10 km and its round-trip delay in Fast Ethernet is 100 to 500 bit times.
Gigabit Ethernet is the successor of Fast Ethernet. It can produces upto 1 Gbps speed. It is less popular than Fast Ethernet because its configuration and implementation is complicated than Fast Ethernet. The coverage limit of Gigabit Ethernet is up to 70 km.
Let’s see the difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet:
|S.NO||Fast Ethernet||Gigabit Ethernet|
|1.||Fast Ethernet provides 100 Mbps speed.||Gigabit Ethernet offers 1 Gbps speed.|
|2.||Fast Ethernet is simple configured.||While Gigabit Ethernet is more complicated than Fast Ethernet.|
|3.||Fast Ethernet generate more delay comparatively.||Gigabit Ethernet generate less delay than Fast Ethernet.|
|4.||The coverage limit of Fast Ethernet is up to 10 km.||While the coverage limit of Gigabit Ethernet is up to 70 km.|
|5.||The round-trip delay in Fast Ethernet is 100 to 500 bit times.||While the round-trip delay in Gigabit Ethernet is 4000 bit times.|
|6.||Fast Ethernet is the Successor of 10-Base-T Ethernet.||While Gigabit Ethernet is the successor of Fast Ethernet.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- Difference between Ethernet and LAN
- Difference between Token ring and Ethernet
- LAN Technologies | ETHERNET
- Ethernet Frame Format
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference between SSH and SSL
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between PCI-E and PCI-X
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- Difference between SQL and T-SQL
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.