1. Internal Link :
Internal links are hyperlinks that direct the readers to a target page on your website. Internal link is a link from one page to another page on the same domain.
Example are website navigation.
Advantages of good internal link are :
- Internal link improves usability through anchor text.
- Internal linking improves page rank.
- Internal linking boots page views.
- Internal link decreases the bounce rate.
- Internal linking improves the indexing of your site.
2. External Link :
External links are that which wants customers clicking on links that directs them away from your website. External links are sometimes called outbound links are an important part of search engine optimization.
Example of external link are example.com, someplace.com etc.
Advantages of good external linking are :
- External link may helps the readers.
- Good external link helps to improve the authority of your website.
- Linking to outside website will not hurt your page rank .
- External link is just like your giving some extra resources to read that.
- External links are helps in enhancing credibility.
Difference between external link and internal link :
|External link||Internal link|
|It is difficult to control.||It is easy, fast and free to control.|
|It appears within the body text, in content.||It appears in website navigation as well as in the content.|
|It passes SEO authority from other site to your site, increasing your “domain authority”.||It passes SEO authority pages on your site, increasing the “page authority” of specific pages.|
|It has more value.||It has less value.|
|It connecting your external pages.||It connecting your internal pages.|
|Domain 1 A links to Domain 2 b.||Domain 1 A links to B.|
|It improves the quality of web pages.||It helps bots to find other web pages on your site.|
|It helps in increasing traffic to your website.||It also helps in increasing traffic to your website.|
- Difference between Internal and External fragmentation
- Difference between Internal and External Modem
- Internal static variable vs. External static variable with Examples in C
- Difference between Hard link and Soft link
- Difference between Distance vector routing and Link State routing
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Best Link Building Tools for SEO - Get More Backlinks
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.