In practical, concept of LAN have possible because of Ethernet.
The main difference between Ethernet and LAN is that Ethernet’s working function is decentralized on the other hand LAN’s working functions is centralized. And another difference is that, There is limitation take place in transmission of Ethernet while there is no limitation take place in transmission of LAN.
Now, we shall see the difference between Ethernet and LAN:
|1.||Ethernet is the second name given to thePrevalent Packet Switched LAN technology.||LAN stand for Local Area Network.|
|2.||Ethernet uses the bus topology and star topology.||While LAN uses the both bus and star topology as well as ring topology.|
|3.||Control of Ethernet is decentralized.||While control of LAN is centralized.|
|4.||In Ethernet guided transmission media is used.||While in LAN both guided and unguided transmission media are used.|
|5.||Reliability of Ethernet is low.||While reliability of LAN is high.|
|6.||There is limitation take place in transmission of Ethernet.||While there is no limitation take place in transmission of LAN.|
- Difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
- LAN Technologies | ETHERNET
- Ethernet Frame Format
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference Between BFS and DFS
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.