1. Email :
Email is an electronic means of exchanging digital messages via internet using electronic devices such as smartphone, laptop, tablet, desktop, etc. It operates across Internet, and most devices that come with computing power come with email systems, come with a text editor to compose messages. These messages can be edited in most editors. Basic formatting is also provided by some systems.
By specifying recipient, address messages can be directed to recipient. It needs both sender and receiver to have an email address to send and receive emails and email address is unique to every user.
2. Gmail :
Gmail is the most popular and widely used email service offered by Google. It is just one of many web-based Email services used to exchange digital messages over Internet. The ability to store many gigabytes of data as email data storage is most unique feature of Gmail. Gmail makes profits by advertising to targeted users. Although targeted ads raised some privacy issues, Larry Page insisted that user information will be safeguarded, and annoying ads will not be displayed.
Difference between Email and Gmail :
|1||Email refers to Electronic mail.||Gmail refers to Google Mail.|
|2||It is process of sending and receiving electronic messages that may contain text, graphics, images or vedios.||It is a platform through which Email can be sent or received.|
|3||It is used to transfer or exchange messages over a communication network like an internet.||It provides various features such as email reminder, virus protection, spam filtering, and many others.|
|4||It is a method of exchanging information.||It is like many other email systems comes with web and POP based interfaces.|
|5||It has a sync time every four hours per day .||It has only a maximum sync time of only one hour per day.|
|6||It shows URLs as tap-able links .||It does not support tap-able links .|
|7||It is not involved with advertisements.||It is involved with advertising to a board audience by getting paid.|
|8||It has the facility to set peak sync times selecting days or even weeks.||It does not has this facility.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Are Gmail Addresses Case Sensitive?
- Difference between Texting and Email
- Types of Email Attacks
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.