1. Elasticsearch :
It is an full text search and open-source engine. It is platform independent and can be run on any platform because it is built on java programming language. It allows user to access very large amount of data at very high speed.
2. Solr :
It is used to build search applications and an open-source platform. The applications that are built using Solr give very high performance. Solr is used with Hadoop as Hadoop handles huge amount of data, Solr helps us in find out the required information from such a large source.
Difference between Elasticsearch and Solr :
|In solr push queries are not supported.||Push queries are supported.|
|It doesn’t support search across multiple indexes.||It supports search across multiple indexes.|
|Grouping of result is possible.||Grouping of result is not possible.|
|It supports spellcheck.||It doesn’t support spellcheck.|
|Query elevation is possible.||Query elevation is not possible.|
|It built for Web Search.||It built for scalable search.|
|It Supports Deduplication.||It doesn’t Support Deduplication.|
|It supports document structure.||It supports nested object.|
|In solr update requires configuration change.||In Elasticsearch update requires custom change.|
|Analyzers are predefined.||Analyzers are set during query.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Elasticsearch and MS SQL
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Elasticsearch and MariaDB
- Difference Between Hadoop and Elasticsearch
- Difference between Elasticsearch and SQLite
- Difference between Elasticsearch and MongoDB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between Hue and Pig
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between DDL and TCL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.