1. Dropbox :
Dropbox is a file hosting service provided by the American company Dropbox Incorporation. It offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software. It was founded in 2007. Dropbox was developed by two MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. It offers only 2 GB free storage space. It is one of the earliest cloud storage services.
2. Yandex Disk :
Yandex Disk is a cloud storage, file synchronization and file sharing service which is provided by Yandex. It allows users to store the files on cloud and enable to share the files online with others. It was launched by Yandex in 2012. It offers 10 GB free storage space. It offers limited maximum storage space for paid. The maximum storage space provided by Yandex Disk is 1024 GB.
Difference between Dropbox and Yandex Disk :
|It is owned by Dropbox Incorporation.||It is owned by Yandex.|
|It was launched in 2007.||It was launched in 2012.|
|It was developed by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi.||It was developed by Yandex.|
|It offers 2 GB free storage space.||It offers 10 GB free storage space.|
|It provides unlimited maximum storage space for paid.||It provides limited maximum storage space for paid.|
|It supports the Developer API.||Developer API is REST, WebDAV and SDK.|
|It has the unlimited maximum storage size.||Maximum storage size is 1024 GB.|
|It supports file versioning.||It does not support file versioning.|
|It has traffic or band-width limit of 20 GB per day for free and 200 GB per day for paid.||It has traffic or band-width limit of 200% of storage size per day.|
|Maximum file size is 10 GB and unlimited using client application.||Here maximum file size is 2 GB upload via Web and 50 GB upload via application.|
|It shares files through web applications.||While it shares files through links.|
|It uses block-syncing to update changes quickly.||It does not use block-syncing to update changes quickly.|
|It provides additional 500 MB free storage space for referral up to 18 GB.||It provides additional 10 GB free storage space for referral.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Box and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Tresorit and Yandex Disk
- Difference between CloudMe and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Jumpshare and Yandex Disk
- Difference between TitanFile and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Yandex Disk and Ubuntu One
- Difference between Yandex Disk and RapidShare
- Difference between HCL Connections and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Amazon S3 and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Yandex Disk and Zetta
- Difference between Mega and Yandex Disk
- Difference between iCloud and Yandex Disk
- Difference between MediaFire and Yandex Disk
- Difference between SugarSync and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Yandex Disk and MiMedia
- Difference between Wasabi and Yandex Disk
- Difference between Yandex Disk and ShareFile
- Difference between SecureSafe and Yandex Disk
- Difference between OneDrive and Yandex Disk
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.