1. Downloading :
Meaning of downloading is that our computer is receiving data from the Internet. When users are copying any file from the Internet to their device (computer, mobile, etc.), they download it. Example is downloading songs or pictures from the Internet.
2. Uploading :
Meaning of uploading is that we send data from our computer to the Internet. In other words, to make a file visible to everyone on the Internet (like adding a picture on Facebook), you will need to upload it. Examples are posting photos on Instagram or Facebook, using a webcam.
Difference between Downloading and Uploading :
|It is a procedure of copying files from the webserver to the machine.||It is a Procedure for copying data from the device to the webserver.|
|Memory is required in the user’s device to downloading anything.||Memory is required in the webserver to upload anything.|
|Downloading speed is Comparatively High.||Uploading speed is Comparatively low.|
|Data travels from the Web server to the user’s device.||Data travels from user’s device to the web server.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Streaming and Downloading
- Preview an image before uploading using jQuery
- Difference between node.js require and ES6 import and export
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.