In the present world, many new frameworks have emerged in web technology. One such framework is Django which is based on Python. PHP has been in use for several years and has been serving as a powerful scripting language especially for backend connectivity. This article compares and contrasts Django and PHP.
Django is a high-level python based web framework which allows you to quickly create web applications. It is a collection of libraries written in python MVC-style. It gives you ready-made components to use. It has a built-in admin section, decorators and view classes. The offline documents for Django make it easier to learn it.
PHP is a server-side scripting language used mainly for web development. This can be easily embedded in HTML files and HTML codes can also be written in a PHP file. The difference between PHP and client-side language like HTML is, PHP codes are executed on the server whereas HTML codes are directly rendered on the browser.
Table of Difference between Django and PHP :
|1.||It is developed in 2003 by web programmers Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison.||It is developer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.|
|2.||Django is a high-level Python framework which provides support for web applications.||PHP is a server-side scripting language.|
|3.||It has a feature-packed and batteries included framework.||It is a dynamically typed language, its code can exist in HTML files.|
|4.||Developing website using this is more secure as compared.||Developing website using this can be more secure but when used by the experienced and skillful developer.|
|5.||It has inbuilt support for csrf protection.||It does not such features for support for protection.|
|6.||It has a better system for file uploading and management.||It does not have a better system for file uploading and management as compared.|
|7.||It provides built-in support for most of the trending databases.||It does not provide built-in support for most of the trending databases.|
|8.||Product-based companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram prefer Django.||Websites like Wikipedia, Tumblr, Yahoo run on PHP.|
|9.||Extension of Django file is .py.||Extension of PHP file is .php.|
|10.||As Django is a Python framework, so we need to install Python first on the server, after installing Python on the server we need to install Django from http://www.djangoproject.com/download. Currently, Django 2.2 supports Python 3.5 and above.||While for PHP, only the server is necessary.|
|11.||DRY stands for Don’t Repeat Yourself which is the key to an efficient and time-saving code in Django.||PHP requires boilerplate code that is because you have to define everything in PHP.|
|12.||Django can be run easily using the command prompt on both Windows and Linux.||In PHP, the basic syntax of PHP helps you learn PHP well.|
|13.||Django is a framework it allows file uploading for web applications. Any types of files can be uploaded using Django.||To upload files in PHP they need to be uploaded in a temporary directory and later will be redirected to target destinations by a PHP script.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Connect Django Project to MongoDB using Django
- Styling Django Forms with django-crispy-forms
- Adding Tags Using Django-Taggit in Django Project
- Difference Between Django and Node.js
- Difference between Django VS Python
- Which One is Most Demanding Back-End Web Framework between Laravel , NodeJS and Django ?
- Differences between Django and Ruby On Rails
- Differences Between Django vs Laravel
- Differences Between Django vs Flask
- Django Request and Response cycle - HttpRequest and HttpResponse Objects
- Python | Django-allauth setup and Configuration
- Python Django | Google authentication and Fetching mails from scratch
- Django Sign Up and login with confirmation Email | Python
- Django Basic App Model - Makemigrations and Migrate
- Django model data types and fields list
- Data Visualization Using Chartjs and Django
- Creating and Using Serializers - Django REST Framework
- Date and time fields in serializers - Django REST Framework
- Top 10 Django Apps And Why Companies Are Using it?
- Prefetch_related and select_related functions in django
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.