Prerequisite – Deep web, Dark web and DarkNet
It is the web which cannot be accessed by the search engines, like government private data, bank data, cloud data etc. These data are sensitive and private, so kept out of reach. It is used to provide access to a specific to a specific group of people. In the dark Web, users really do intentionally bury data.
The dark web refers to encrypted online content that is not indexed by conventional search engines.Darknet provide a user with anonymity but a service was introduced which allowed someone to host a website on the darknet and remain anonymous. This attracted people who do illegal stuff to sells things without getting caught. One example is a website called the silk road which was on darknet called TOR, used to sell drugs and was taken down by FBI.
Let’s see the difference Between Deep Web and Dark Web.
|S.NO.||DEEP WEB||DARK WEB|
|1||The deep web is part of the WWW whose contents banking are not indexed by standard web search-engines.||The dark web is the WWW content that exists on darknets, overlay networks that use the Internet but require specific software, configurations, or authorization to access.|
|2||The Deep Web is that part of the Internet that is not visible to the naked eye, as opposed to the Surface Web.||The Dark Web is a network of one of the largest online criminal and terrorist activities in the world.|
|3||The contents are not indexed by the regular search engines.||The content is only available on personal encrypted networks or peer-to-peer configurations.|
|4||An enormous collection of invisible websites.||Web that is not regulated and whose IP addresses are intentionally hidden.|
|5||It can be accessed through a valid username and a password and via regular search engines.||It can be only access with specialized and specified software.|
|6||The system or websites which need authentication for login are categorized under Deep Web.||Dark Web depend or works on the infrastructure of the Deep Web.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Web Content, Web Structure, and Web Usage Mining
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference Between Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Difference between Shallow and Deep copy of a class
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Difference Between Shallow copy VS Deep copy in Pandas Dataframes
- Difference between Web Scraping and Web Crawling
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Difference between Web Designer and Web Developer
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference Between Web server and Application server
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference Between Data Mining and Web Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Web Development
- Difference Between Customer Analytics and Web Analytics
- Difference Between Web application and Website
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.