1. Decision Table :
Decision Table is just a tabular representation of all conditions and actions. Decision Trees are always used whenever the process logic is very complicated and involves multiple conditions. The main components used for the formation of Data Table are Conditions Stubs, Action Stubs, and rules.
2. Decision Tree :
Decision Tree is a graph which always uses a branching method in order to demonstrate all the possible outcomes of any decision. Decision Trees are graphical and shows better representation of decision outcomes. It consists of three nodes namely Decision Nodes, Chance Nodes and Terminal Nodes.
Difference between Decision Table and Decision Tree :
|S.No.||Decision Table||Decision Tree|
|1.||Decision Tables are tabular representation of conditions and actions.||Decision Trees are graphical representation of every possible outcome of a decision.|
|2.||We can derive decision table from decision tree.||We can not derive decision tree from decision table.|
|3.||It helps to clarify the criteria.||It helps to take into account the possible relevant outcomes of decision.|
|4.||In Decision Tables, we can include more than one ‘or’ condition.||In Decision Trees, we can not include more than one ‘or’ condition.|
|5.||It is used when there are small number of properties.||It is used when there are more number of properties.|
|6.||It is used for simple logic only.||It can be used for complex logic as well.|
|7.||It is constructed of rows and tables.||It is constructed of branches and nodes.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Fact Table and Dimension Table
- Software Engineering | Decision Table
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Decision Tree in Software Engineering
- Difference between Table-driven and Cyclic Scheduling
- Difference between Aerospike and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon DocumentDB
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between General tree and Binary tree
- Difference between Binary Tree and Binary Search Tree
- Difference between Binary tree and B-tree
- Difference between B tree and B+ tree
- Difference between Tree Topology and Bus Topology
- Difference between graph and tree
- Difference between Star Topology and Tree Topology
- Difference between Ring Topology and Tree Topology
- Difference between Mesh Topology and Tree Topology
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.