Prerequisite – SQL Commands
1. Data Definition Language (DDL) :
Data Definition Language as the name suggests, it is used to define database schema. For example : create table, alter table are some of the DDL instructions in SQL.
2. Transaction Control Language (TCL) :
Transaction Control Language as the name suggests, contains those commands, which are used to manage transactions within the database.
Difference between DDL and TCL :
|1.||It stands for Data Definition Language.||It stands for Transaction Control Language.|
|2.||It is used to define data structures or overall database schema.||It contains those commands, which are used to manage transactions within the database.|
|3.||By using DDL commands, database transactions cannot be handled.||TCL commands are meant to handle database transactions.|
|4.||Files can be easily maintained by DDL commands.||It manages the different tasks with the important feature, Atomicity.|
|5.||While writing any query, usually DDL statements are written before TCL statements.||Usually, TCL statements are written before DDL statements.|
|6.||DDL does not require any log files to maintain the database.||It uses log files to keep track of records of all transactions in a database.|
|7.||Some DDL commands which are frequently used : CREATE, ALTER, DROP.||Some TCL commands which are frequently used : COMMIT, ROLLBACK.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- SQL | DDL, DQL, DML, DCL and TCL Commands
- SQL | DDL, DML, TCL and DCL
- Difference between DDL and DML in DBMS
- Difference between DML and TCL
- DDL Full Form
- TCL Full Form
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.