Database testing is the testing of security, performance and various other aspects of the database. It also includes various actions taken for testing of data. IT is basically performed on the small data size that is stored in the database system.
Example: Testing of data of a college’s students results.
Data warehouse Testing:
Data warehouse testing is related to the performance, security and testing of other aspects of data stored in warehouse. It is performed on the large size data that is stored in the data warehouse.
Example: Testing of data of an enterprise stock of last decade.
Difference between Database Testing and Data warehouse Testing:
|Database Testing||Data warehouse Testing|
|It is performed on smaller scale.||It is performed on large scale.|
|It is usually used to test data at the source instead of testing using the GUI.||It includes several facets, extraction, transformation and loading mechanisms.|
|Usually homogeneous data is tested under it.||Heterogeneous data is involved in it.|
|Normalized data is used for testing.||De-normalized data is used for testing.|
|CRUD operations are performed in this testing.||Usually Read-only operations are performed in it.|
|Consistent data is used for testing.||Temporal data inconsistency is found.|
|Data size used is small.||Voluminous data. is used in it|
|Normal testing strategies are applied.||Specific testing strategies are applied.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
- Differences between Operational Database Systems and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Warehouse
- Testing in Data warehouse
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Hadoop
- Difference between Database Administrator (DBA) and Database Engineer
- Difference between Centralized Database and Distributed Database
- Difference between Open Source Database and Commercial Database
- Difference between Project Management and Warehouse Management
- Difference between Logistic Management and Warehouse Management
- Software Testing | Database Testing
- Difference between Database and Data Structure
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.