Database testing is the testing of security, performance and various other aspects of the database. It also includes various actions taken for testing of data. IT is basically performed on the small data size that is stored in the database system.
Example: Testing of data of a college’s students results.
Data warehouse Testing:
Data warehouse testing is related to the performance, security and testing of other aspects of data stored in warehouse. It is performed on the large size data that is stored in the data warehouse.
Example: Testing of data of an enterprise stock of last decade.
Difference between Database Testing and Data warehouse Testing:
|Database Testing||Data warehouse Testing|
|It is performed on smaller scale.||It is performed on large scale.|
|It is usually used to test data at the source instead of testing using the GUI.||It includes several facets, extraction, transformation and loading mechanisms.|
|Usually homogeneous data is tested under it.||Heterogeneous data is involved in it.|
|Normalized data is used for testing.||De-normalized data is used for testing.|
|CRUD operations are performed in this testing.||Usually Read-only operations are performed in it.|
|Consistent data is used for testing.||Temporal data inconsistency is found.|
|Data size used is small.||Voluminous data. is used in it|
|Normal testing strategies are applied.||Specific testing strategies are applied.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
- Software Testing | Database Testing
- Difference between System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Difference between Cucumber Testing and Selenium Testing
- Difference between Active Testing and Passive Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Positive Testing and Negative Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Pilot Testing and Alpha Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Scrum Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Difference between Scrum Testing and V-Model Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Pilot Testing and Beta Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.