DBMS is used to modify, define, manipulate and manage data. Some examples of DBMS are : MySQL, Oracle Database and Microsoft Access.
2. Data Structure :
In computer Programming, Data structure is a way of organizing and storing data so as to ease the accessing and modification of data.
There are various types of data structures present for storing the data and different data structures have different and unique features.
Some commonly used data structures are Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Heap, Binary Tree and Graph.
Difference between Database and Data Structure :
|It is an organized collection of data.||It is a special format for storing data to serve a particular purpose.|
|It is used to access the data and manage it easily.||It is used for efficiency and to reduce the complexities of the program.|
Structured query language (SQL) is used to perform operations on the data in a database. DataBase Management System (DBMS) is used to manage the database.
|Programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python are used to perform operations using data Structures.|
|It is a Non-volatile memory.||It is a volatile memory.|
|Relational database, NOSQL database, Centralized database, Hierarchical database are some types of databases.||Linear data structure and non-linear data structure are the types of data structures.|
|Example : MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Sybase etc.||Example : Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Tree, Graph.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Database Administrator (DBA) and Database Engineer
- Difference between Centralized Database and Distributed Database
- Difference between Open Source Database and Commercial Database
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference between Single Bus Structure and Double Bus Structure
- How to pre populate database in Android using SQLite Database
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Database Testing and Data warehouse Testing
- Structure of Database Management System
- Differences between Operational Database Systems and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Difference between Schema and Database
- Difference between Blockchain and a Database
- Difference between Database and DBMS
- Difference Between Two-Tier And Three-Tier database architecture
- Difference between Single User and Multi User Database Systems
- Difference between Relational database and NoSQL
- Difference between CouchDB and Relational Database
- Difference between Spreadsheet and Database
- Difference between Clausal form and Horn Clausal form in Deductive Database
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.