1. Data Warehouse :
It is a technique for gathering and managing information from different sources to supply significant commercial enterprise insights. A Data warehouse is commonly used to join and analyze commercial enterprise information from heterogeneous sources. It acts as the heart of the BI system which is constructed for data evaluation and reporting.
2. Hadoop :
It is an open-source software program framework for storing information and strolling applications on clusters of commodity hardware. It offers large storage for any sort of data, extensive processing strength, and the potential to deal with actually limitless concurrent duties or jobs.
Difference between Data Warehouse and Hadoop:
|1.||In this, we first analyze the data and then further do the processing.||It can process various types of data such as Structured data, unstructured data, or raw data.|
|2.||It is convenient for storing a small volume of data.||It deals with a large volume of data.|
|3.||It uses schema-for-write logic to process the data.||It deals with schema-for-read logic to process the data.|
|4.||It is very less agile as compared to Hadoop.||It is more agile as compared to Data Warehouse.|
|5.||It is of fixed configuration.||It can be configured or reconfigured, accordingly.|
|6.||It has high security for storing different data.||Security is a great concern and It is improving and working on it.|
|7.||It is mainly used by business professionals.||It mainly deals with Data Engineering and Data Science.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Hadoop 2.x vs Hadoop 3.x
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
- Difference between Database Testing and Data warehouse Testing
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- Data Mining: Data Warehouse Process
- Differences between Operational Database Systems and Data Warehouse
- Difference Between Big Data and Apache Hadoop
- Characteristics and Functions of Data warehouse
- Snowflake Schema in Data Warehouse Model
- Star Schema in Data Warehouse modeling
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- ETL Process in Data Warehouse
- Fact Constellation in Data Warehouse modelling
- Building a Data Warehouse in DBMS
- Types of Keys in Data Warehouse Schema
- Testing in Data warehouse
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.