Data Visualization: Data visualization is the graphical representation of information and data in a pictorial or graphical format(Example: charts, graphs, and maps). Data visualization tools provide an accessible way to see and understand trends, patterns in data and outliers. Data visualization tools and technologies are essential to analyze massive amounts of information and make data-driven decisions. The concept of using pictures is to understand data has been used since centuries. General types of data visualizations are Charts, Tables, Graphs, Maps, Dashboards.
Data Analytics: Data analytics is the process of analyzing data sets in order to make the decision about the information they have, increasingly with specialized software and system. Data analytics technologies are used in commercial industries that allow organizations to make business decisions. Data can help businesses better understand their customers, improve their advertising campaigns, personalize their content, and improve their bottom lines. The techniques and processes of data analytics have been automated into mechanical processes and algorithms that work over raw data for human consumption. Data analytics help a business optimize its performance.
Below is a table of differences between Data Visualization and Data Analytics:
|Based on||Data Visualization||Data Analytics|
|Defination||Data visualization is the graphical representation of information and data in a pictorial or graphical format.||Data analytics is the process of analyzing data sets in order to make decision about the information they have, increasingly with specialized software and system.|
|Benefits||Identify areas that need attention or improvement
Clarity which factors influence customer behavior
Helps understand which products to places where
Predict sales volumes
|Identify the underlying models and patterns
Acts as an input source for the Data Visualization,
Helps in improving the business by predicting the needs Conclusion
|Used for||The goal of the data visualization is to communicate information clearly and efficiently to users by presenting them visually.||Every business collects data; data analytics will help the business to make more-informed business decisions by analyzing the data.|
|Relation||Data visualization helps to get better perception.||Together Data visualization and analytics will draw the conclusions about the datasets. In few scenarios, it might act as a source for visualization.|
|Industries||Data Visualization technologies and techniques are widely used in Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Retailing etc||Data Analytics technologies and techniques are widely used in Commercial, Finance, Healthcare, Crime detection, Travel agencies etc|
|Tools||Plotly, DataHero, Tableau, Dygraphs, QlikView, ZingCHhart etc.||Trifecta, Excel /Spreadsheet, Hive, Polybase, Presto, Trifecta, Excel /Spreadsheet, Clear Analytics, SAP Business Intelligence, etc.||Platforms||Big data processing, Service management dashboards, Analysis and design.||Big data processing, Data mining, Analysis and design|
|Techniques||Data visualization can be static or interactive.||Data Analytics can be Prescriptive analytics, Predictive analytics.|
|Performed by||Data Engineers||Data Analysts|
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Analytics and Predictive Analytics
- Difference Between Business Intelligence and Data analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Analytics
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Data Analytics
- How Data Visualization Enables us to Monitor COVID-19 Data?
- Difference between Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst
- Data Visualization in R
- Data Analytics and its type
- Top 10 Hadoop Analytics Tools For Big Data
- What is Tableau and its Importance in Data Visualization?
- Data Visualization Using Chartjs and Django
- 10 Best Data Visualization Tools in 2020
- How Do Companies Use Big Data Analytics in Real World?
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.