Data Science: In 1974, Peter Naur proposed data science as an alternative name for computer science. Data Science is a subset of Artificial Intelligence. Simply data science is a collection of data to analyze and we make a decision on behalf of it. It uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and insights from many structural and unstructured data. the person who works on data science is known as data scientists.
Artificial Intelligence: At a conference at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, where the term Artificial intelligence was coined (1956). It’s a human-like intelligence provided to the machines where machines act think as humanly. They solve problems faster than human beings. Speech recognition, translation tools, etc are the building areas of AI. AI is all about the machine learning deep learning etc. We can emulate cognition and human understanding to a certain level.
|Data science||Artificial Intelligence|
|Data Science is a detailed process that mainly involves pre- processing analysis, visualization and prediction.||AI(short) is the implementation of a predective model to forecast future events and trends.|
|It has a high degree of scientific processing.||It has a lot of high level of complex processing.|
|By using the concept of data science, we can build complex models about statistics and facts about data.||By using this we emulate cognition human understanding to a certain level.|
|It uses the technique of data analysis and data analytics.||It uses a lot of machine learning techniques.|
|Its knowledge was established to find hidden patterns and trends in the data.||Its knowledge is all about imparting some autonomy to a data model.|
|R, Python, etc are the tools used in data science.||Tensorflow, scikit-learn, Kaffee, etc are the tools used in AI.|
|Its applications are advertising, marketing, Healthcare, etc.||Its application are robotics, automation, etc.|
- Difference Between Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence
- Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference Between Computer Science and Data Science
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- Difference Between Business Intelligence and Data analytics
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- What is AI(Artificial Intelligence)?
- Difference Between Data Science and Web Development
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence Could be a Better Doctor
- What is Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)?
- What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.