The process of extracting useful information from a huge amount of data is called Data mining. Data mining is a tool that is used by humans to discover new, accurate, and useful patterns in data or meaningful relevant information for the ones who need it.
The process of discovering algorithms that have improved courtesy of experience derived data is known as machine learning. It is the algorithm that permits the machine to learn without human intervention. It’s a tool to make machines smarter, eliminating the human element.
Below is a table of differences between Data Mining and Machine Learning:
|S.No.||Data Mining||Machine Learning|
|1.||Extracting useful information from large amount of data||Introduce algorithm from data as well as from past experience|
|2.||Used to understand the data flow||Teaches the computer to learn and understand from the data flow|
|3.||Huge databases with unstructured data||Existing data as well as algorithms|
|4.||Models can be developed for using data mining technique||machine learning algorithm can be used in the decision tree, neural networks and some other area of artificial intelligence|
|5.||human interference is more in it.||No human effort required after design|
|6.||It is used in cluster analysis||It is used in web Search, spam filter, fraud detection and computer design|
|7.||Data mining abstract from the data warehouse||Machine learning reads machine|
|8.||Data mining is more of a research using methods like machine learning||Self learned and trains system to do the intelligent task|
|9.||Applied in limited area||Can be used in vast area|
- Relationship between Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Difference Between Data Mining and Text Mining
- Difference Between Data Mining and Web Mining
- Need of Data Structures and Algorithms for Deep Learning and Machine Learning
- Difference Between Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Analysis
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
- Difference between Big Data and Machine Learning
- Difference between Data Science and Machine Learning
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- How to Start Learning Machine Learning?
- Azure Virtual Machine for Machine Learning
- Difference Between Descriptive and Predictive Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Mining and Statistics
- Difference between Business Intelligence and Data Mining
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.