Difference between Data Administrator (DA) and Database Administrator (DBA)
01. Data Administrator (DA) :
Data administrator is a person who is responsible for processing data into a convenient data model. The person is in charge of figuring out which data is relevant to be stored in the database. Data Administrator is less of a technical role and more of a business role with some technical knowledge. This role is also known as Data Analyst. So, it is mostly a high level function which is responsible for the overall management of data resources in an organization.
- Filters out relevant data
- Monitor the data flow throughout the organization
- Designs concept-based data model
- Analyze and break down the data to be understood by the non-tech person
Database administrator is a person who creates updates and maintains the database. It is more of a wide role as a data administrator might be someone who is hired to create, maintain, and backup the database, optimize the database for high performance, or someone who helps in integrating databases into applications. The major skills required to be an excellent database administrator are troubleshooting, logical thought process, and a strong will to learn as it involves a vast area. This role is also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer.
- Create and design a database
- Analyze and monitor database requirements
- Ensures data security
Difference between Data Administrator (DA) and Database Administrator (DBA) : S.NO. DATA ADMINISTRATOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
01. Data admin is also known as data analyst. Database admin is also known as database coordinator or database programmer. 02. Data admin converts data into a convenient data model. Database admin inputs data into the database. 03. Data admin analyzes the database for relevant data. Database admin optimizes and maintains the database . Database admin optimizes and maintains the database. 04. Data admin monitors data flow across the organization. Database admin ensures database security. 05. Data admin handles issues concerning the data. Database admin handles issues with the database. 06. Data admin requires excellent data analyzing, expression of ideas, and strategic thinking. Database admin mostly require logical thought process, troubleshooting and will to learn. 07. Data admin is less of a technical role and more of a business role. Database admin is a wide role as it has multiple responsibilities 08. Main tasks include data planning, definition, architecture and management etc. Main tasks include database design, construction, security, backup and recovery, performance tuning etc. 09. It set policies and standards , coordinates and manages database design. It enforces policies and procedures, choose and maintains technology. 10. Generally it owns the data. Where as it owns the database. 11. It performs the high level function. It performs the technical function. 12. Data administration is DBMS independent. Database administration is DBMS specific.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.