Cascading Style Sheet(CSS): CSS is developed by Hakon Wium, Bert Bos, World Wide Web 17 December 1996. It is a language used to describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on a web page or layout of HTML documents like fonts, color, margin, padding, Height, Width, Background images, etc. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet, here Cascading refers to Section in which we apply Style procedure, and Style refers to color, Margin, font for table paragraphs, and Heading, etc. Sheet refers to how web pages look. In CSS we can change the look and layout of webpages by editing a single CSS file.
There are three types of CSS.
- Inline CSS
- Internal CSS
- External CSS
Example: This example describes the use of simple CSS properties.
Difference between CSS and Bootstrap:
|Cascading Style Sheet(CSS)||Bootstrap|
|CSS is developed by Hakon Wium Lie, Bert Bos, World Wide Web 17 December 1996.||Bootstrap is developed by Mark Otto, Jacob Thornton 19 August 2011.|
|CSS represent the style and the appearance of content like font, color, margin, padding, etc.||Bootstrap is a free and open-source CSS Framework that is used for developing responsive website.|
|CSS does not have a grid system.||Bootstrap is based on-grid system.|
|It currently working on CSS3 which is the latest version of CSS.||Bootstrap currently working on Bootstrap 4 which is the latest version of Bootstrap.|
|CSS does not provide responsive pages or website.||In Bootstrap we can design a responsive website or webpages.|
|CSS is more complex than Bootstrap because there is no pre-defined class and design.||Bootstrap is easy to understand and it has much pre-design class.|
|In CSS, we have to write code from scratch.||In Bootstrap, we can add pre-defined class into the code without writing code.|
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Difference between Bootstrap and Wordpress
- Difference between React.js and Bootstrap
- How to create responsive image gallery using HTML, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap?
- How to Create ToDo App using HTML, CSS, JS and Bootstrap ?
- Creating Responsive Grid Vanilla using HTML,CSS and Bootstrap
- Create a Homepage for Restaurant using HTML , CSS and Bootstrap
- Creating Navbar | Vanilla HTML CSS Vs Bootstrap
- Differences between Bootstrap and JQuery UI
- What is the difference between display: inline and display: inline-block in CSS?
- What is the difference between inline-flex and inline-block in CSS?
- What is the difference between CSS and SCSS ?
- Difference between "." and "#" selector in CSS
- Difference between :first-child and :first-of-type selector in CSS
- Difference between revert and unset keyword in CSS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.