CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube and LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display area unit the kinds of display devices wherever CRT is employed as standard display devices whereas LCD is more modern technology.
These area unit primarily differentiated supported the fabric they’re made from and dealing mechanism, however, each area unit alleged to perform identical perform of providing a visible variety of electronic media.
Here, the crucial operational distinction is that the CRT integrates the 2 processes lightweight generation and lightweight modulation and it’s additionally managed by one set of elements. Conversely, the LCD isolates the 2 processes kind one another that’s lightweight generation and modulation.
Let’s see that the difference b/w CRT and LCD:
|1.||CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube.||While LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display.|
|2.||CRT consumes more power.||While it consumes less power.|
|3.||The cost of CRT is less than LCD.||While it is costlier than CRT.|
|4.||CRT is faster than LCD in terms of response.||While it is slower than CRT in terms of response.|
|5.||CRT is larger than LCD in terms of size.||While it is small in terms of size.|
|6.||It has not image confinement.||While it has good image confinement.|
|7.||CRT’s resolution is lower than LCD.||While LCD’s resolution is more than CRT.|
|8.||It is used only in personal computers.||While it is used in personal computers as well as in laptops and cellular phones.|
- Difference between Active Matrix LCD and Passive Matrix LCD
- Difference between DVST and CRT
- Difference between Digital Light Processing (DLP) and Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Projector
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between Plasma Panel and LCD
- Difference between E-paper and LCD
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378