Prerequisite – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Basics
1. Crawling :
Crawling is the discovery process in which search engines send out a team of robots (known as crawlers or spiders) to find newly updated content.
2. Indexing :
Indexing is the process that stores information they find in an index, a huge database of all the content they have discovered, and seem good enough to serve up to searchers.
Difference between Indexing and Crawling :
|1.||In the SEO world, Crawling means “following your links”.||Indexing is the process of “adding webpages into Google search”.|
|2.||Crawling is the process through which indexing is done. Google crawls through the web pages and index the pages.||When search engine crawlers visit any link is crawling and when crawlers save or index that links in search engine database is called indexing.|
|3.||When google visits your website for tracking purpose. This process is done by Google’s Spiders or Crawlers.||After crawling has been done, the result gets put on to Google’s index (i.e. web search), which means Crawling and Indexing is a step by step process.|
|4.||Crawling is a process which is done by search engine bots to discover publicly available web pages.||Indexing means when search engine bots crawl the web pages and saves a copy of all information on index servers and search engines show the relevant results on search engine when a user performs a search query.|
|5.||It finds web pages and queues for indexing.||It analyses the web pages content and saves the pages with quality content in index.|
|6.||It crawls the web pages.||It performs analysis on the page content and stores it in the index.|
|7.||Crawling is simply when search engines bots are actively crawling your website.||Indexing is the process of placing a page.|
|8.||Crawling discovers the web crawler’s URLs recursive visits of input of web pages.||Indexing builds its index with every significant word on a web page found in the title, heading, meta tags, alt tags, subtitles and other important positions.|
- Difference Between Pay Per Click and Search Engine Optimization
- Difference Between Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO
- Difference between white hat SEO and gray hat SEO
- Difference between Web Scraping and Web Crawling
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference Between ON Page and OFF Page SEO
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between Online marketing and Offline marketing in SEO
- Difference between Organic Search and Paid Search
- Difference between Vertical search and Horizontal search
- Best Link Building Tools for SEO - Get More Backlinks
- Black Hat SEO - Is It Really Worth?
- Top 20 SEO Trends in 2020
- Latest 5 SEO Updates That You Must Know in 2020
- What is SEO Page Title Tag?
- Why Web Developers Should Learn SEO?
- Difference between Binary Tree and Binary Search Tree
- Difference between Informed and Uninformed Search in AI
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.