Central Processing Unit (CPU):
CPU is known as brain for every ingrained system. CPU comprises the arithmetic logic unit (ALU) accustomed quickly to store the information and perform calculations and Control Unit (CU) for performing instruction sequencing as well as branching. CPU interacts with more computer components such as memory, input and output for performing instruction.
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU):
GPU is used to provide the images in computer games. GPU is faster than CPU’s speed and it emphasis on high throughput. It’s generally incorporated with electronic equipment for sharing RAM with electronic equipment that is nice for the foremost computing task. It contains more ALU units than CPU.
The basic difference between CPU and GPU is that CPU emphasis on low latency. Whereas, GPU emphasis on high throughput.
Let’s see the difference between CPU and GPU:
|1.||CPU stands for Central Processing Unit.||While GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit.|
|2.||CPU consumes or needs more memory than GPU.||While it consumes or requires less memory than CPU.|
|3.||The speed of CPU is less than GPU’s speed.||While GPU is faster than CPU’s speed.|
|4.||CPU contain minute powerful cores.||While it contain more weak cores.|
|5.||CPU is suitable for serial instruction processing.||While GPU is not suitable for serial instruction processing.|
|6.||CPU is not suitable for parallel instruction processing.||While GPU is suitable for parallel instruction processing.|
|7.||CPU emphasis on low latency.||While GPU emphasis on high throughput.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between Blu-ray and HD DVD
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference between PCI-E and PCI-X
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between MAN and WAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5