Both Connection-oriented service and Connection-less service are used for the connection establishment between two or more than two devices. These type of services are offered by network layer.
Connection-oriented service is related to the telephone system. It includes the connection establishment and connection termination. In connection-oriented service, Handshake method is used to establish the connection between sender and receiver.
Connection-less service is related to the postal system. It does not include any connection establishment and connection termination. Connection-less Service does not give the guarantee of reliability. In this, Packets do not follow same path to reach destination.
Difference between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services:
|S.NO||Connection-oriented Service||Connection-less Service|
|1.||Connection-oriented service is related to the telephone system.||Connection-less service is related to the postal system.|
|2.||Connection-oriented service is preferred by long and steady communication.||Connection-less Service is preferred by bursty communication.|
|3.||Connection-oriented Service is necessary.||Connection-less Service is not compulsory.|
|4.||Connection-oriented Service is feasible.||Connection-less Service is not feasible.|
|5.||In connection-oriented Service, Congestion is not possible.||In connection-less Service, Congestion is possible.|
|6.||Connection-oriented Service gives the guarantee of reliability.||Connection-less Service does not give the guarantee of reliability.|
|7.||In connection-oriented Service, Packets follow the same route.||In connection-less Service, Packets do not follow the same route.|
|8.||Connection-oriented Services requires a bandwidth of high range.||Connection-less Service requires a bandwidth of low range.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Services and Segment structure in TCP
- Google Cloud Database Services
- Introduction of Active Directory Domain Services
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
- Network Layer Services- Packetizing, Routing and Forwarding
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between SSH and SSL
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between PCI-E and PCI-X
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378