Both Connection-oriented service and Connection-less service are used for the connection establishment between two or more than two devices. These type of services are offered by network layer.
Connection-oriented service is related to the telephone system. It includes the connection establishment and connection termination. In connection-oriented service, Handshake method is used to establish the connection between sender and receiver.
Connection-less service is related to the postal system. It does not include any connection establishment and connection termination. Connection-less Service does not give the guarantee of reliability. In this, Packets do not follow same path to reach destination.
Difference between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services:
|S.NO||Connection-oriented Service||Connection-less Service|
|1.||Connection-oriented service is related to the telephone system.||Connection-less service is related to the postal system.|
|2.||Connection-oriented service is preferred by long and steady communication.||Connection-less Service is preferred by bursty communication.|
|3.||Connection-oriented Service is necessary.||Connection-less Service is not compulsory.|
|4.||Connection-oriented Service is feasible.||Connection-less Service is not feasible.|
|5.||In connection-oriented Service, Congestion is not possible.||In connection-less Service, Congestion is possible.|
|6.||Connection-oriented Service gives the guarantee of reliability.||Connection-less Service does not give the guarantee of reliability.|
|7.||In connection-oriented Service, Packets follow the same route.||In connection-less Service, Packets do not follow the same route.|
|8.||Connection-oriented Services requires a bandwidth of high range.||Connection-less Service requires a bandwidth of low range.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Interfaces and Services
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Services and Segment structure in TCP
- Types of Metro Ethernet Services
- Google Cloud Database Services
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
- Introduction of Active Directory Domain Services
- Network Layer Services- Packetizing, Routing and Forwarding
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference Between GIT and SVN
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between Hue and Pig
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference between GCC and G++
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between SDN and NFV
- Difference Between DAS and SAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378