Confusion and diffusion area unit the properties for creating a secure cipher. Each Confusion and diffusion area unit wont to stop the secret writing key from its deduction or ultimately for preventing the first message.
Confusion is employed for making uninformed cipher text whereas diffusion is employed for increasing the redundancy of the plain text over the foremost a part of the cipher text to create it obscure. The stream cipher solely depends on confusion, or else, diffusion is employed by each stream and block cipher.
Confusion = Substitution a --> b Caesar Cipher Diffusion = Transposition or Permutation abcd --> dacb DES
Let’s see the difference b/w Confusion and Diffusion:
|1.||Confusion is a cryptographic technique which is used to create faint cipher texts.||While diffusion is used to create cryptic plain texts.|
|2.||This technique is possible through substitution algorithm.||While it is possible through transportation algorithm.|
|3.||In confusion, if one bit within the secret’s modified, most or all bits within the cipher text also will be modified.||While in diffusion, if one image within the plain text is modified, many or all image within the cipher text also will be modified|
|4.||In confusion, vagueness is increased in resultant.||While in diffusion, redundancy is increased in resultant.|
|5.||Both stream cipher and block cipher uses confusion.||Only block cipher uses diffusion.|
|6.||The relation between the cipher text and the key is masked by confusion.||While The relation between the cipher text and the plain text is masked by diffusion.|
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between OOP and POP
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between CD and DVD
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between 1G and 2G
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.